In this lesson, you’ll figure out how to utilize the Report Wizard to make complex reports. You’ll additionally figure out how to utilize Access’ designing choices to organize content, change report hues and textual styles, and include a logo.
The Report Wizard
While utilizing the Report summon is a brisk method to make reports from the present question, it’s not as accommodating on the off chance that you need to make a report with information from different items. The Report Wizard makes it simple to make reports utilizing fields from numerous tables and questions. It even gives you a chance to pick how your information will be sorted out.
To make a report with the Report Wizard:
- Select the Create tab and find the Reports gathering. Tap the Report Wizard charge.
- The Report Wizard will show up. In the strategies beneath, we’ll talk about the diverse pages in the Report Wizard.
Stage 1: Select the fields to incorporate into your report
- Click the drop-down arrow to select the table or query that contains the desired field(s).
- Select a field from the list on the left, and click the right arrow to add it to the report.
- You can add fields from more than one table or query by repeating the above steps. Once you’ve added the desired fields, click Next.
Stage 2: Organize the report
- Access will offer a list of several organization options. Select an option from the list to preview it.
- Click Next when you are satisfied with the basic organization of your data.
- If you’re not satisfied with the way your data is organized, you can now modify the grouping levels. Select a field from the list, and click the right arrow to add it as a new level.
- If necessary, modify the order of your grouped fields by selecting a field and clicking the up or down Priority arrow to move it up or down a level.
- Once you are satisfied with the organization of your report, click Next.
Stage 3: Sort your report information
- Click the top drop-down arrow, and select the name of the first field you want to sort.
- Click the button on the right to change the sort to ascending or descending.
- Add any additional sorts. You can sort up to four fields. The sort will be applied from top to bottom, meaning the sort at the top of the list will be the main sort.
- When you are satisfied with the way your data is sorted, click Next.
Stage 4: Select a design and
- Click the various layout options to see how they look, then select one to use in your report.
- Select either a portrait (tall) or landscape (wide) orientation for your report.
- Once you are satisfied with your report layout, click Next.
- Select the text box, and type the title you would like for your report.
- Select whether you want to preview the report or modify its design, then click Finish.
- Your report will be created and saved.
For More Articles Related To Access Visit Office.com/setup.