How to Fix Error Sorry PowerPoint Can’t Read this File or PowerPoint can’t open this type of file
This “Error Sorry PowerPoint Can’t Read this File” or “PowerPoint can’t open this type of file” occurs because Microsoft Office Applications has a built in security enabled to prevent opening files from unknown devices. It doesn’t usually happens on every file.So the solution to the problem is that you have to unblock it. You can use below easy steps to solve this problem. Follow them one after the other and you will resolve this issue.
- First you have find that file in your computer that needs diagnosis.
- Once you will have it, Right click on it.
- Now click on properties.
- A dialog box will appear, will lots of options.
- On bottom side, there will be unblock option.
- There will be security option with quote, this file came from different computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer.
- Click on unblock and save changes.
- Now open this file again, you will see issue will be resolved.
If you’re still having a problem with PowerPoint you can contact us at office.com/setup