When everybody plays, we all win
June is looking to be pretty exciting as EduTECH Australia 2019 kicks off on June 6, bringing together educators, leaders and futurists from across Asia Pacific and Australia to share, discuss and breathe in the latest developments for education and technology.
This year’s EduTECH is going to be bigger and better than ever, so if you’re an educator excited about the potential of technology in the classroom, you don’t want to miss this!
Catch our Keynote on 6th June at 8:45am
Our VP of Worldwide Education for Microsoft, Anthony Salcito, will be taking to the stage on the first day of EduTECH 2019 to deliver his keynote on Advances in Education.
Find us on the Exhibition Floor
The Microsoft team will be at Booth 711, which isn’t hard to find – as we’re a few paces straight through the entrance to the main hall! Educators wondering ‘what’s next’ will have their curiosities quenched, as we’re pulling all stops to bring you the latest innovations throughout the Microsoft ecosystem.
Here’s what you can expect to see on the Microsoft Education stand over the EduTECH schedule and if you can’t make it, we’ll be providing live streams for the on-stand demonstrations * marked below.
DAY 1 – Thursday 6 June
- 10:00am – 10:25am*: Making assessment easy with Microsoft Forms.
- 10:30am – 10:55am*: Rock your classroom and save time with Office 365.
- 11:05am – 11:25am*: Building a collaborative classroom with Microsoft Teams.
- 11:30am – 11:55am*: Learning in 3D with Windows.
- 12:00pm – 12:25pm*: Bringing Minecraft: Education Edition to life with 3D and Mixed Reality.
- 12:25pm – 12:45pm*: Fostering an inclusive classroom with free tools from Microsoft.
- 1:00pm – 1:25pm*: What’s New in EDU?
- 1:30pm – 1:55pm*: TBA.
- 2:05pm – 2:30pm*: Organising your classroom and empowering your students with OneNote.
- 2:30pm – 2:55pm*: Design thinking with Microsoft Whiteboard.
- 3:00pm – 3:25pm*: TBA.
- 3:45pm – 4:10pm: Predictive analytics and machine learning in the classroom.
- 4:10pm – 4:35pm: TBA.
DAY 2 – Friday 7 June
- 10:00am – 10:25am*: Getting the most out of Office 365.
- 10:25am – 10:45am*: Bring your whiteboard to life with Microsoft Whiteboard.
- 10:45am – 11:05am*: Creating learning experiences with Mixed Reality.
- 11:10am – 11:30am*: Amplify every learner with FlipGrid.
- 11:30am – 11:55am*: TBA..
- 12:00pm – 12:45pm: TBA.
- 12:50pm – 1:15pm: What’s New in EDU?
- 1:15pm – 1:40pm*: Ramping up teacher productivity with OneNote.
- 1:40pm – 2:05pm*: Bringing learning to life with Windows Mixed Reality.
- 2:05pm – 2:30pm*: Connect to the world with Skype in the Classroom.
- 2:30pm – 2:55pm*: Driving collaboration and teamwork to save teachers time.
- 3:00pm – 3:25pm: Transform learning with Minecraft: Education Edition.
Stay tuned for our full schedule of IT demonstrations taking place on the stand.
We’ll be running small group hands-on classes at our Creation Station across a number of areas including Mixed Reality, PowerBI, Cognitive Services, FlipGrid, MakeCode, Minecraft: Education Edition and more! These limited-availability sessions will be available for booking via our Concierge desk and will appeal to you whether you are a Teacher or an IT Admin.
Visit the Inclusivity Pod on our stand to experience demo’s around how our free tools support all learners across Reading, Writing, Maths and Communication. You’ll come away with a deeper understanding of how you can use tools such as Immersive Reader, Dictate, Microsoft Translator, Office Lens and more. This is not to be missed!
Attend our Breakout Seminars
EduTECH breakout sessions allow delegates to split into smaller groups to attend interactive and in-depth seminars on topics that matter most to them. Pre-selection of breakout sessions is encouraged as you don’t want to miss these seminars delivered by the Microsoft team:
The Inclusive Classroom – Thurs 6 June at 11:30am, 12noon & 12:30pm
Troy Waller, Microsoft Learning Delivery & Accessibility Specialist
Join this seminar to learn how you can address a diversity of needs and provide personalised learning to empower every student in your classroom.
Attendees at this workshop will:
- Learn how to create an accessible and personalised experience for your students in Windows 10 and Office 365
- Experience the tools and apps available (like Immersive Reader) to create accessible content and improve reading comprehension and writing
- Understand how students can demonstrate their understanding using inputs other than keyboarding and text
More than 70% of on-premise workloads today run Windows Server & over 50% of deployed SQL Server is 2008 or 2008 R2 or older.
Join this seminar to learn how Microsoft Azure is helping Education secure precious data, enhance application performance and remain on supported platforms.
All EduTECH Sydney attendees have the opportunity to sit Microsoft Certification Exams for FREE and can choose as many exams as they wish from the Microsoft suite:
MOS – Microsoft Office Specialist: Employability
MTA – Microsoft Technology Associate: Technology
MCE – Microsoft Certified Educator: CPD
Testing Centre seats are like gold with space for 30 exam spots per time slot! To avoid disappointment pre-register to secure a space in the Microsoft Certifications Testing Lab!
Thursday 6th June
Friday 7th June
The Certification Testing Centre is located on Level 3 Room E3.1 at the International Convention Centre.
Meet us face to face
If you’ve got a burning question or education initiative you’d love to explore with us, you can arrange to meet one of our team. Just download the EduTech app, follow these instructions and you’re good to go!
We can’t wait to see you at EduTECH Australia 2019! Grab your tickets now – and if you can’t make it, tune in for our latest updates on Twitter and Facebook, or follow the official conversation using #MSFTEdu.